Friday, October 2, 2009

#9. Honest to Blog

I've been looking at a lot of library/librarian blogs, and there are several that seem interesting. I'll probably narrow it down to one. I like getting to know the personality of a blog or publication, understanding its context, understanding when it changes its tone. It's intimacy as the best form of expansion; it's "less is more." Really, it's just nice to find a news source that feels something like a friend.

So, beginning my process... There's an academic/research blog called ACRLog, a blog that has a teaching bent called Hey Jude, the best candidate for my authoritative blog source, written by a man named David Lee King, a somewhat smart-assed blog with a tech edge called Closed Stacks, and a blog from a woman in San Jose called Librarian in Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment